Dana White had nothing bad to say when making his first public comments about the recently announced Ronda Rousey vs. Gina Carano fight.
Following UFC Fight Night 267 in Houston, White was asked about the upcoming May 16 Netflix event headliner between the two women's MMA pioneers, which he tried and failed to make more than a decade ago.
"(Rousey) and I have been talking about this since last year," White told reporters at Toyota Center. "It just didn't work out. But I'm happy. Me and Gina are in a really good place. We weren't at one point. I'm happy for both of them."
Rousey said she first went to White with the idea to promote the fight and while he was interested, negotiations fell through with TKO and UFC chief business officer Hunter Campbell. Instead, it's Jake Paul and Nakisa Bidarian's Most Valuable Promotions that landed the matchup between two of the most famous and influential women in MMA history.
Rousey vs. Carano takes place May 16 at Intuit Dome in Inglewood, Calif. No other fights have yet been announced for the event.
This article originally appeared on MMA Junkie: Dana White breaks silence on Ronda Rousey vs. Gina Carano